Applicators Needed: Bartow and Lakeport, FL
We’re seeking, self-motivated, detail oriented, and safety-conscious individuals that enjoy the outdoors to join our team.
The Entry Level Applicator position performs herbicide applications in lakes, ponds, canals and natural areas. Experience working with herbicides and basic knowledge of application equipment and aquatic plant identification a plus. An understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and manufacturer’s instructions for herbicides is also helpful. It is essential that applicants are able to follow concise instructions for mixing and apply herbicides safely and precisely.
The position requires a valid, clean Florida Driver’s License for the operations of various motor vehicles and equipment. Equipment may include, but is not limited to, airboats, all-terrain vehicles, trucks and other assigned equipment or vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Able to read, write and understand English. Able to read, understand and follow written or oral instructions. Able to read and follow maps, Clean, Valid Florida Driver’s License. Our insurance company must accept you as an insured prior to employment
- Physical strength and agility to safely and sufficiently operate equipment in outdoor environments, on or near water, in an environment that may include heavy vegetation, uneven terrain, various species of wildlife and varying weather conditions.
- Able to work Monday — Friday with occasional Saturday work as needed
- Able to pass law enforcement background check and drug/alcohol screening
- Must be able to pass State Pesticide/Herbicide Applicator Certification exam. Requires some mathematical proficiency.
This job normally requires daily travel from the employee’s assigned work station to various work sites.
Starting pay $13.
We offer a competitive benefit package (including medical, dental, life, vision, 401K and paid time off) Benefits include: Medical/Life Insurance available after 90 days, paid Holidays after 90 days, paid PTO after 6 months (full-time only).
This is a physical job in outdoor Florida conditions. Applicants MUST be willing and able to work under adverse weather conditions and potential exposure to spiders, snakes, alligators, and other potentially harmful animals and plants.
This is an opportunity with an established, privately-owned company.
Applications must be delivered in person:
Applied Aquatic Management, Inc.
4305 Bomber Road
3080 HWY 721
PO BOX 1469
Eagle Lake, FL. 33839-1469
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers